Thursday, October 25, 2007

WBAP

I happened to be listening to the radio a few days back with a co-worker of mine and he was listening to a station called WBAP with Mark Davis. He is a conservative talk show host on a conservative station so I RARELY listen to him. However; when i did get the chance to listen to him I was astonished on his public views and remarks of the Muslim religion. He claims that most "Muslims" think that it is the right thing to kill people in an act of a Jihad. Now, I'm not too entirely sure on statistics of who does and does not believe it is okay to kill people in the Muslim community, although I do recognize that it is completely irresponsible to claim that any large majority of people are violent and should be treated as such. This entire scenario reminds me of reading stories of Hitler convincing people that the "Jews" are dirty and disgusting. I believe that if our communities do not respond to this sort of bigotry and hatred then we could be headed into a direction as a nation that will follow this ignorant stance on our Muslim friends, neighbors, and relatives.

No comments: